HOLMER GREEN BAPTIST CHURCH
DETAILS and CONDITIONS FOR HIRING OF OUR PREMISES
Please read carefully our current 'Conditions of Use' before submitting any application because a condition of hiring is that you have to sign to signify your compliance with them. If you have any questions about whether your activity complies with these conditions please contact us to discuss your concerns.
Scale of HIRE CHARGES
Our Minimum hire period is for 11/2 hours. After that bookings will be charged to the nearest half hour on an hourly rate. Please see the chart below.
We would value punctuality of booking times especially as a courtesy to our key holders, consistent over-running of session times will incur an extra payment for the hirer. Please make sure you allow sufficient time in your hire period to allow for any moving or replacing of furniture to its original position which is the hirer's responsibility.
Please note that our premises are not normally available after 10.30pm.
Our hire charge rates are as follows :
Minimum fee per session
Hall plus Kitchen
As stated in the ‘Conditions of Use’ the use of the kitchen’s facilities is limited to the making of hot and cold drinks. Use of the cooker or dishwasher should be requested on the booking form and is made only by special arrangement with the Booking Secretary.
NB A deposit of £20.00 is requested for all children’s party bookings. This cheque will be used as a deposit against damages and will not be banked unless required.
Please make cheques payable to Holmer Green Baptist Church.
When your application form has been received and accepted we will send you a confirmation of your booking(s) detailing who your key holder will be (this may not be the Booking Secretary) and confirming the fee to be paid. This fee will normally be expected before the commencement of the booking period.
The completed and signed Booking Application form plus deposit (if required) should be sent to :
Mr David Markham, Booking Secretary, 11 Wycombe Road, Holmer Green, High Wycombe, Bucks HP15 6RX. (Tel : 01494 715035)
HIRING OF PREMISES : CONDITIONS OF USE
CONDITIONS FOR THE USE OF THE CHURCH PREMISES
- Use of the premises is at the discretion of the Governing Body of the Church.
- The activity of the hirer should not be in conflict with the Christian beliefs and purposes of the Church. See our "What we believe" web page* for more detail.
- The agreed fee for the use of the premises must be paid in advance of the hiring.
- A deposit of £20 for children’s party bookings is requested. This deposit will be refunded within seven days of the hiring unless there has been any damage to the premises or the Church’s furniture and equipment for which the user is responsible and for which the Church shall be entitled to retain the whole or part of the deposit as security for the cost of rectifying such damage.
- The Church retains control, possession and management of the premises and the user has no right to exclude the Church from the premises.
- The User is responsible for all damage (other than fair wear and tear) to the premises or any of the Church’s fixtures and fittings or equipment which is occasioned in whatever way by the use of the premises.
- The premises may only be used by the organisation and for the purpose and during the period indicated on the application form submitted to the Church.
- After use the premises must be left in a clean and tidy condition with all furniture and equipment left in the same position as found.
- Smoking is not allowed within the building.
- The consumption of alcohol is not allowed on the premises.
- Any form of gambling (including raffles) is strictly forbidden on the premises.
- The User must not leave in the premises any equipment, furniture or articles of any kind unless by prior written agreement from the Church who reserve the right to charge a separate fee for the provision of any such specified and agreed storage facilities.
- The User agrees that the Church accepts no responsibility for injury, damage or loss to person or property arising out of the use of the premises and the User will keep the Church indemnified against any claims for which the Church is not responsible.
- The User has a responsibility to notify the Church of any defect in the premises or in any of the Church’s furniture or other equipment in the premises.
- Where premises are to be used by children, the User agrees to comply with the Government’s guidelines set out in the document ‘Safe from Harm’.
- Use of the premises for the normal functions of the Church building shall have priority over any other use at all times. We reserve the right to cancel or amend a booking at short notice should the Church need to use the premises. A refund will be given.
- Access to the kitchen is included in the agreement. The facilities may only be used for the preparation of hot and cold drinks unless otherwise agreed with the Booking Secretary.
- The User must take away with them any form of rubbish generated by them and must agree not to use the Church’s internal or external waste bins.
- Hirers are responsible for satisfying themselves that the premises and equipment are suitable and safe for the purposes for which they are being used and that they are maintained in such a condition throughout any period of hire granted.
- Since the Church is in a residential area and wishes to maintain harmony with its neighbours, the premises are not normally available for use after 10.30pm.
- The Church may terminate this agreement immediately at any time if there is a breach of these conditions by the User.
HIRING OF PREMISES : APPLICATION FORM
1. Name of organisation/individual :
2. Description of proposed activity:
(Incl. brief detail of activity and approximate no. of people attending)
3. Dates and times required:
4. Room(s) required:
Hall (with use of kitchen)
(please tick requirements and indicate below if the dishwasher or cooker are required)
5. Person responsible for the booking :
6. Person supervising the activity :
(If different from the person responsible for the booking)
Contact number :
7. In the case of an activity involving children do you or your organisation agree to comply with the Government’s suggested Guidelines ‘Safe from Harm’? YES / NO
8. We agree that we will take home any rubbish generated by us in black sacks or other containers. YES / NO
9. Is your organisation a charity or a not-for-profit group (e.g. a children's party)? YES / NO
The completed and signed Booking Application form plus deposit (if required) should be sent to Mr David Markham, Booking Secretary, 11 Wycombe Road, Holmer Green, High Wycombe, Bucks HP15 6RX. (Tel : 01494 715035)